The Hopkinsville High girls’ swim team will participate in Region I Swim Meet at the Rick Cohn Aquatic Center at Hopkinsville High School this Saturday, which results from their preliminary round on Friday. Their 200-yard free and 200-yard medley relay teams had the first and second-fastest times, respectively, and the 400-yard free relay team also qualified.
What’s more, Elizabeth Langhi and Riley Robinson had the best time in their respective events, with Langhi taking first in the 100-yard freestyle and Robinson topping the 100-yard breaststroke.
At the meet on Saturday, the top two finishers in each event will qualify for the state meet, while the next 16 fastest times statewide will receive wildcard bids.
The swimmers competing in Saturday’s finals are:
- Elizabeth Langhi – 200-yard freestyle and 100-yard freestyle
- Anna Fort – 200-yard freestyle and 100-yard backstroke
- Caroline Payne – 200-yard freestyle and 100-yard freestyle
- Saralynn Major – 200-yard freestyle and 500-yard freestyle
- Riley Robinson – 200-yard IM and 100-yard breaststroke
- Livie Jorgensen – 200-yard IM and 100-ytard breaststroke
- Lauren Montgomery – 50-yard freestyle and 100-yard freestyle
- Grace Cansler – 50-yard freestyle and 100-yard breaststroke
- Kaydon Coats – 50-yard freestyle
- Dakota Mooney – 50-yard freestyle
- Ella Brown – 100-yard freestyle and 100-yard backstroke
- Kaley Bangart – 500-yard freestyle
- Brilyn Merrick – 100-yard backstroke
- Evelyn Bangart – 100-yard backstroke